I am no Bush fan, in fact I firmly believe he ruined the economy (though Clinton didn’t help with NAFTA)between outsourcing and most importantly the wars. I am no fan of the Republicans as I believe the current branch are for the most part help the rich and screw the poor. I also think the birthers are for the most part racist.
Having said that, Obama is scaring me by his actions. I voted for him in 2008 and was thrilled he got elected. I said to myself “finally, a politician who gets it”. However in the 4 years I have become cynical and think he is doing more than a few things that scare me.
1. Obamacare. Don’t get me wrong, I feel we need universal healthcare but this isn’t it. It will increase taxes and I am cynical enough to feel it won’t help people like me, but instead I’ll have to pay for a program that doesn’t help me. In Illinois childless people are not eligible for Medicaid so I suspect I’ll have to pay and still not be covered with money I don’t have. Not to mention it really doesn’t deal with preventative care, as in change lifestyles before getting medical. Many diseases today are caused by things like obesity and if preventative care was included this would lessen. Maybe it is included but haven’t heard much about it.
2. Birth control and abortion. Contrary to what Obama thinks they aren’t a right. The Catholic Church opposes them and to force them to cover them is an outrage. Do I agree with the church on this? no. Personally, I have no issue with people using these (though someone who uses abortion as a form of birth control and repeatedly to me is a sociopath)but I think it is wrong to require organizations that oppose it to carry them.
3. The illegal situation. I have seen many stories over the last few months and while nothing has happened yet it seems like Obama wants to legalize them. Why reward people who willingly broke our laws? Most of them serve no purpose and either take jobs away from our most unskilled workers or freeload off the system. Why import more of them? Did you know that in many states (including Illinois)you are required to speak Spanish to work for public aid or WIC? Did you also know that in Illinois pregnant women no matter their immigration status gets free assistance?
4. Helping those in other countries. Obama actually wants to increase visas to other countries claiming we need additional workers. To be fair I blame both sides for this. However, here’s another thing I just found out today and that is he wants to EXPAND funding to people in Indonesia can get master degrees. Why do they get assistance but not taxpaying Americans?
5. Curtailing freedom of speech. Yes Bush started it but Obama is expanding it but NDAA.
6. Punishing military. There is a guy in prison because he killed an Al Queda member.
Is he the worst president ever? Only time will tell but I told someone when he was elected he would either prove to be among the best or among the worst and so far am not seeing much to congratulate him on. The economy is still horrible and crimes are still up yet he decides to make it worse by Obamacare and not helping Americans find jobs. Like I said, I don’t blame him for this but he is giving me too much to blame him for.