Yesterday to the atty: to tell him I wanted the house to be sold.
It is going to happen anyway — a judge will be reviewing the case and he will decide what the damages are. Right now it looks like I will be lucky if I get half of the monetary damages.
I said to Atty, is it okay I tell Bro first?
He said yes. Atty is getting a letter sent on Monday; I am resuing, more or less, and the atty will be the one to get the summons. It is going by mail — as per my request.
At 4 pm I knocked on Bro’s door. He was there alone.
He told me to come in.
I told him the house was being sold and could I also please have the keys to both doors whyere the locks were changed last fall.
“NO!” he said. “Speak to my atty about this!”
I told him his will be getting a letter and I wanted Bro to know first in person by me.
“NO, I will not allow that. I am going to keep living here! And get out of MY house.” This from him.
I said, “And while you are at it, could you please give me a copy of the keys from the locks changed last fall?”
He refused. “I don’t have to give you anything! Get out of MY house!”
I said “Sure, go call. Whatever you want…”
He called after me “You came at me with balled up fists!” No I did not….this is the same shit he told the cops 6 months ago.
And true to type — I knew he would do it and I forewarmed my atty before I left yesterday that Bro would call the cops — he called the cops again.
He whips out his cell phone and announces to me, “911 BABY! I’m gonna call the cops on you; you came at me with balled up fists. I am getting an RO out on you.”
Not true about the fists…same shit he told the cops in March.
I said, “Sure, go call.” I leave.
I heard him tell the cops “…and she demanded my keys and told me to get out.” NOT TRUE!
I went downstairs and immediately told my atty what happened; I left a message for atty immediately after Bro said he was calling the cops, just to put it on record.
; I just got off the phone with atty — it’s now about 5 pm.
The whole conversation between Bro and I took perhaps 30 seconds.
The cops come. They heard me out and told me to go.
While we were waiting for the cops he bragged, “911 baby! The cops are coming!!!”
And when the cops left, he called GF, I guess and more or less bragged he called the cops and then he called a second person and did the same. “Well, I did it. I called the cops AGAIN….”
The cops heard my side of the story….again — and then the cop said, “Let the attys take care of this.” I said that they were and bro got some bad news he didn’t want to hear. And that is why he called.
I am guessing that second call went to GF #2. Holy crap….how much more silly does it get than this???
Then he got into his car and left, after the cops were gone, presumably to file a restraining order against me — yeah, he said he was going to do that too. He told me while we were waiting for the cops. (and I guess this is the part where I beg him tearfully not to do it? I am guessing also this might also be part of his way of getting me to call off the lawsuit completrely.
This is another Boy Who Cried Wolf thing to me — but wow, how many times am I going to get this shit from him???
A judge is only going to move that this house be sold. It’s inevitable — I made the decision for my own good. Better I decide than have him do it, you know? Woldn’t you want to do the smart thing and perhaps get a jump on the game and look for places to live, clean out your apartment in advance, etc????
“I will remain HERE! I am not going anywhere!” Really, Bro?
When the second cop spoke to me, I told him what was happening and that Bro will probably be a frequent flier while the duration of the lawsuit is in process — and that Bro will probably be calling cops clear up until the day he is to be out of here when the sale of the house is final.
How many damn phone calls is he going to make? What do the cops do in a case like this?
Just another shitty day in paradise….
He is insisting he paid up all the taxes; not true. I got a delinquent notice for the 3rd quarter; that was last Friday. Atty has a copy of it. (this would be the quarter payable August 1) I told him no and he is STILL telling me yes. This is a fantasyland this guy is in…unless another Dude and Bro with the same last name live in this house too and the delinquent notice is really for THEM… I dunno….
I did not tell him he was more or less being re-sued for the damages and whre there will be lien put on his part of the property. I did not tell him any of that — I did say “it’s inevitable; better you know now.”
This is his only ammunition: calling the cops.
And oh yeah, he said to me — this is while the cops were wating, “I will have you thrown out of here and removed from the premises.” Go ahead and try to scare me.
On Monday I will ask for a copy of that police report. I will probably have to wait for a week or so because the prosecutor has to redact parts of it, the same as they did with March’s police report.
You know that since September I have been avoiding Bro and only talking to him when needed. Why even bother to talk to him when it is not a necessity? I have no more “use” for him; he’s going to be gone and why should I even want a relationship with somebody who’s lied to me and lied about me and has a resentment issue with me for years? I am fussier than that, try.
He also said “She’s been out of work for 6 years. What damn effing business is that fo theirs? I didn’t hear the rest. No doubt he told them he had to support me or something.
There is no way he could keep this house for himself — he is on part time status where he works and it is retail. He has a 2 and one half day schedule. Who is he trying to kid?
I know Bro like a book — I was right on the money when I said yesterday that Bro will probably call the cops again when he gets the good news. And what was he waiting for? For me to cry “no no don’t do that”??? This is manipulation and almost a mild form of harassment. “Oh, I’ll say shit and make her look really bad” is what he is thinking? Making me look bad is also perjury. A crime punishable by jail time, I believe.
I wanted to get things moving here: basement cleaned out, realtor here to advise if we should sell as is or fix what needs to be fixed and so forth — but looks to me now that isn’t going to happen until a judge decrees the house is to be sold. And I take a hit on the damages, too.
And I want a judge to say to him at the hearing that he is NOT to hold up or impede the sale in any way at all. As it is right now he is putting up a roadblock in every possible way.
I am ready to snap — I want this house sold and gone and have this little bleep out of my life as soon as possible — and even then, that’s not going to make my money come back or erase years of damage HE has caused. The lying alone is sick enough. Too damn bad this house wasn’t sold years ago. When I had time and a job and money on my hands; be done with him and this home and move on.